Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs are very common in the UK because rubber crumb EPDM is prone to shrink and expand in adverse weather conditions. The shrinkage of the rubber usually pulls away from the perimeter edge and therefore a wetpour band repair is usually needed.
Our team can fix these issues by cutting around the edging and installing a new layer of wetpour. This makes the surface stronger and improves the appearance, as well as removing trip hazards. You will often find this flooring installed beneath children’s play structures to add safety qualities and protect against injuries.
Repairing Wetpour Edges
Band repairs can be done by purchasing a DIY wetpour repair kit or by a specialist surfacing contractor in playgrounds and at soft surfaces we can supply both options. The perimeter shrinkage usually needs to be cut back so that the existing rubber crumb EPDM has a sharp edge to install up to and the a band strip is usually installed which commonly is in a contrasting colour to make it look like a graphic.
Below you can see a video of one of our projects where we repaired a play surface. The existing wet pour flooring had shrunk away from its edges and had left a gap. We cut away the loose edge and filled in a new application of rubber surfacing to smooth it over. This also had the effect of adding a nice border design around the perimeter of the area.
Rubber Playground Repairs
It’s important to maintain your play area surface if you want it to last as long as possible. This can be done by regularly brushing the area and applying a light jet wash to remove debris. Unfortunately over time the flooring can become damaged and a wetpour repair may be required. Our team can complete this for you, or alternatively supply a DIY kit for you to carry out a small repair.
For further details on the shrinkage and expansion of wetpour then use the contact box on this page. We would be happy to provide a quote for this work and give more information on the process of wetpour band perimeter shrinkage repairs. Prices can vary depending on the area size and the amount of work that will be required. The site location can also have an effect on the overall costs so we’ll need to consider this as well.
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour articles you might like:
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- WetPour Rubber Granulate Spheres To Playground Surfacing
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?