Wet pour maintenance is an important process. We recommend keeping the area clean and free from debris in order to ensure the surface remains safe for children.
If you have an EPDM rubber wetpour safety surface on your playground, it is important to carry out regular wet pour maintenance.
This helps to look after the flooring and make sure it doesn’t get dirty or become unsafe.
You can keep the rubber play surfacing clean by brushing the area to remove mud, debris and natural matter from the area. This prevents the pores in the surface from becoming blocked up.
Wetpour After Care Maintenance
As wet pour rubber is a porous specification, it’s important to keep the small voids in the rubber surface free from dirt. This is so water can drain through instead of building up and making the area unsafe for use by the children.
We carry out pressure washing of wetpour playground flooring across the UK. A professional contractor should always complete this process to ensure the correct technique.
This also makes sure the flooring does not suffer damage from the high pressure of the jet wash. You should angle the spray to blast away dirt, rather than pointing it directly down. This helps to avoid causing damage to the flooring when cleaning.
A regular jet wash is a good way of proactively cleaning your wetpour safety surfacing. This will keep it clear of dirt and contamination. It also ensures that it’s suitable for kids to play on and not slippery from puddles or debris and tther atmospheric conditions.
If you have chewing gum, foreign objects or something else stuck on the wearing course, it is recommended to get a professional to clean this off.
After your wetpour playground surface installation, we can offer a range of wet pour after care. We also have products to help you look after the flooring and keep it in top condition.
If you have minor rips in the safety surface, from vandalism or play equipment, this could develop into a trip hazard. This is why we recommend wetpour repairs as soon as possible.
One of the products we can provide for wetpour maintenance is a specialist repair kit. This includes all the equipment you will need to fix the affected area on your rubber play surface.
The kits or the wet pour repairs contain the correct ratio of EPDM rubber granules and polyurethane binder. These should be mixed together and used to carry out small repairs to the damaged area of surfacing.
We supply these wetpour repair kits in a range of colours so you can choose the right colour option for your own playground.
When carrying out minor wet pour repair work, we advise that you cut around the damage area into a shape. This can be a simple shape such as a triangle or star. You would then need to fill in the gap with an alternative colour.
If you try to match with the same colour as the existing rubber surface, it may not match exactly. The rubber on the play area itself may have faded over time so it would be slightly different to the new rubber in the wet pour repair kit.
Wet Pour Surface Upkeep
We can also supply you with a liquid de-icer as part of the wetpour surface after care maintenance. You can apply this onto the playground surface to prevent ice from forming on it during very cold weather. This should then stop the area from becoming slippery and unsafe for the children.
Applying the liquid de-icer will ensure that the play area is safe for use all year round. The children can continue to enjoy outdoor play during cold spells.
Please use our contact form to get in touch with us if you need some advice on wet pour maintenance.
How to Maintain Wet Pour
Regular maintenance is vital as it helps to keep the area safe and in top condition. If there is dirt within the pores, a power spray can remove debris that are difficult to reach.
The EPDM rubber system is completely porous to make sure liquid moves through. This will help prevent any flooding.
It’s vital that you keep the permeable properties and stop any holes being blocked up by debris and also contaminants.
This could trigger floods during bad weather, making the area unusable. It could potentially be hazardous as a slippy surface might result in injuries. If you leave maintenance too late, don’t worry as restoration solutions are available.
Proactive Servicing for Wetpour Surface
It is recommended to carry out proactive servicing for wetpour to ensure the surface remains safe to use. You will also need to complete proactive servicing to keep the surface looking nice.
If you do not undertake regular cleaning, the surface can become dirty and can lose its anti slip properties. This means that you could then lose points during Ofsted inspections.
We also recommend regular inspections to ensure the surface is not unsafe for young people. If you come across rips and tears in the surfacing when inspecting the area, it is vital that you deal with the problem straight away. This should ensure that it doesn’t lead to any further damage.
If your surface does suffer damage over time or due to heavy use, our specialist team can carry out wet pour repairs.
Get In Touch
As specialist wet pour rubber suppliers we have completed many projects at schools and nurseries. To find out more about a wetpour system and to receive a quote, please fill in our enquiry form. Make sure to include the area size and your location so we can give an accurate price.
One of our team members will get back to you with some product information. We could also offer an estimate of costs for your rubber safety surface.
We install wetpour surfacing nationwide in the UK and can offer competitive prices for both supply and installation of wet pour surfaces.
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Black Rubber Crumb Top up for Artificial Pitch
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour and Artificial Turf Installation in Harlow
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Black Wetpour Overlay at a Playground in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Black Wetpour Play Area With 5% Green Fleck in Swansea
- Black Wetpour Play Area with 5% Green Fleck in Swansea, Wales
- Blue EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM/SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- Green Playground Safety Flooring in Somerset, UK
- Green Rubber Tarmac Playground Surfacing in Ashbourne, Derbyshire Dales
- Green Wetpour Flooring with Graphics Install in Exeter
- Green Wetpour Play Area Surfacing in Southampton
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface in Stockport
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface Installation in Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Multicoloured Wetpour Surfacing Design in York
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Nursery School Green Wetpour Overlay in Gloucester
- Nursery School Wetpour Surfacing Repair in Portsmouth
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston
- Outdoor Playground Roadway Design
- Outdoor Wetpour Surfacing Install in Leicester
- Playground Safety Surfacing with Graphics in Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Somerset
- Pre-School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rhino Mulch, in Situ Laid Polyurethane Bound Rubber Bark Surface
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac School Outdoor Playground Flooring
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- Small nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Spongy Nursery School Surfacing in Carlisle
- Spongy playground flooring construction that we carried out in Woking, Surrey
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Upgrade, Refurbishment, Replacement of Wetpour Flooring
- Uv Degradation and Discolouration of EPDM Wetpour
- Wet Pour Construction
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Installation in Warrington, Cheshire
- Wet Pour Repair
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour & Artificial Grass Installation at Hillview Hospital, Wales
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation at Hillview Hospital
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- Wetpour and Rubber Mulch Playground Surfacing in Oxford
- Wetpour Anti Slip Coating
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Costs
- Wetpour Flooring & Graphics Installation in Bristol
- Wetpour Graphics
- Wetpour Graphics Installation in Wrexham, Wales
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Watford, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-Under-Lyme
- Wetpour Maintenance
- Wetpour Mini Golf Course Installation in Market Deeping, Lincolnshire
- Wetpour Pathway Installation at a Retirement Home in Leicester
- Wetpour Playground Design Installation in Glasgow
- Wetpour Playground Surfacing Installation in Derby
- Wetpour Playground with Graphics in Salford, Greater Manchester
- Wetpour Repair in Crawley, West Sussex
- Wetpour Repair in Liverpool Merseyside
- Wetpour Repair Kits
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing Mot Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Safety Flooring with Graphics at a Nursery in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Wetpour Specification
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- Wetpour Suppliers
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Wetpour Surface Overlay in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Surface Roadway Design in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Lytham St Annes
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Wembley, London
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Yellowing, Discolouring of Rubber Crumb Wet Pour Surfacing