Sports Surface Construction
We carry out sports surface construction jobs across the UK to an excellent high standard. We can install a variety of sport pitches for each activity; the sports that we build surfaces for are football, rugby, tennis, multisports, netball, basketball and hockey. With our amount of experience we can create a design specification which is unique for your organisation and meets your specific requirements for the sports which you will be playing. The surface materials which we install are macadam, polymeric, sand dressed, sand filled, needlepunch and 3G pitch construction to name a few.
Installing Sports Pitch Facilities
The first part of installing sports pitch facilities is creating the design using the required NBS specification. Then the groundworks can begin, this involves excavating the existing surfaces and preparing to build the new facility. For most projects we’ll install a geotextile membrane, this prevents weeds growing through the surface.
We then apply the sub base; this can be either a dynamic or engineered sub base and is dependent on the specification and the sports you want to play. After the foundations have been set, a shock pad can sometimes be placed over the top. This is to prevent injuries and improve the experience for players during sports like football and rugby.
Once these processes are complete, we install the specific flooring type All the surfaces that we install are porous and can be used in all types of weather to create a versatile outdoor area. Many surface types we have available can be used for multipurpose facilities, take a look at this page – https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/muga-contractors/ for information on multi use games areas.
Before the sports surface construction begins, we speak to the clients about the type of sports and activities they will be playing, what standards they play to and the budget they have for their project. Then prior to making the sport facility specification, we also take measurements of the size and dimensions of their surface as well as taking the existing surface condition into account. When we have gathered all of our information, we then design a specification that will suit the requirements that the client is looking for, whether it’s a school, college, club or private sport facility.
When this is complete, the client will look and check it over just to make sure this is what they want. After this process, the full construction work can start. If you’re unsure on where to start with planning a sport pitch construction, please fill in our simple contact form to speak to a member of our team. We can guide you through the process by helping with costs, designs and the complete installation so don’t hesitate to get in touch!
When the sports surface construction is complete, the only thing left to do is add extra equipment and accessories. This can include fencing, floodlighting, ball stop netting and maintenance equipment, all of these extra accessories allow you to make the most out of your surface and enjoy your new facility.
MUGA Surface Construction
Each of the surface materials that we specialise in has a range of different performance qualities. This means they work best for individual sports.
- Macadam is great for tennis and netball as it is a relatively cheap and durable flooring option.
- Polymeric rubber is used for tennis and multi use games areas, as well as other facilities like athletics tracks and long jump runways.
- 2G sand dressed and sand filled synthetic turf specifications are installed for football and hockey. They have the right playing qualities and ball roll requirements.
- Needlepunch is popular for multiple sports and organisations who are looking for an all purpose facility. It is soft and doesn’t require a great deal of maintenance.
Our team can help you choose the best type of surface prior to the MUGA surface construction. We can tell you which surfacing types will be best for the sports you wish to play and which are within your spending budget. If you have any questions regarding the construction process of a multi use sport area please complete the contact form now and we will respond right away.
How to Install Sport Surfaces
If you’re wondering how to install sport surfaces, it really depends on what surface you wish to have installed and what sports you are going to be playing on the area. The first step of the construction is to carry out all the necessary groundworks. This may include digging up and disposing of the existing surface and laying down a new sub base. We will typically install MOT type 1 stone to the required depth followed by a geotextile membrane and a macadam sub base.
If you are having a macadam sport surface, you won’t need to install any more surfacing types. Instead, you may decide to paint the surface with acrylic non slip paint and apply line markings. However, if you decide to have a different finish you will need to install this prior to installing line-markings. The other surfaces you may want to install include polymeric surfacing, artificial grass and needlepunch.
3G Synthetic Turf Pitch Installation
The 3G artificial grass specification is ideal for football and rugby as it provides the most similar performance qualities to natural grass. This video outlines the process of a new 3G synthetic turf pitch installation at a school in London:
When installing sport pitch facilities, it is vital that you have professionals carrying out the job. This is to ensure that your organisation’s facilities are in safe hands and you will end up with the sports pitch you want and a surface that you can enjoy and be proud of. Please contact us through the enquiry form on this page if you’d like more information on our services. We’ll send you over some product details and an idea of costs for your project.
Get In Touch
For more information regarding the installation process, make sure to message us now. Our experts will be more than happy to offer you details regarding the sports surface construction process. We’ll also send you over a free quotation for the works.
- 3 Reasons to Build Dual Use MUGA Ball Court
- 3g 5-a-Side Football Pitch Installation in Hampshire
- 3G Artificial Grass Construction in Liverpool
- 3g Artificial Pitch Surfacing in Whitehall, London
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Construction in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing Contractors
- 3G Artificial Sports Pitch Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Cheltenham Gloucestershire
- 3g Football Pitch Resurfacing in Hackney, London
- 3g Grass Installation in Bournemouth, Dorset
- 3g Grass Pitch Installation in Bradford, Yorkshire
- 3g Pitch Construction in Birmingham, West Midlands
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch 3g Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-Side Football Pitch Construction With 3g Artificial Turf
- 60mm Thick Long Pile Synthetic Turf All Weather Sports Pitches
- Acrylic Sports Court Spraying Anti Slip Paint Surface
- Adidas Polymeric Installation in Keir Hardie, London
- All Purpose Sports Pitch Builders
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- Anti Slip Sports Court Painting in Preston, Lancashire
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Benefits of 3g Sports Pitches
- Benefits of Artificial Clay Tennis Court Surfacing
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3g, 4g, 5g, 6g Pitches?
- Cleaning and Painting of a Tennis Surface in Manchester
- Costs to Build a Synthetic Clay Tennis Court
- Deep Cleaning Astroturf Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Fibre Bonded Needlepunch Sport Surfacing
- Flooded Hockey Pitch Sand Infill Cleaning
- Floodlight All Weather Sports Pitch
- Golf Pathways
- How to Maintain a 3g Pitch in Winter
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Leeds Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting Surfacing
- MUGA Sports Court Cleaning and Painting at a school in Oxfordshire
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Netball Court Construction in Stockport
- Outdoor Basketball Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Football Court Sports Surfaces
- Outdoor Sports Surface Clean & Paint in Glasgow
- Outdoor Sports Surfacing Slip Tester Insitu Testing
- Padel Tennis Court Construction Contractors
- Padel Tennis Court Surfacing Installers
- Polymeric Resurfacing in Woking, Surrey
- Polymeric Surface Basketball Court Installation in Cheadle, Cheshire
- Practice Cage Cricket Wicket Surfaces
- Professional Tennis Court Painting
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Refurbishment of Run Down Netball Courts
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Residential Tennis Court Clean & Paint in Coventry
- Rubber Golf Pathway Installation in Prestbury
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- Should You Clean or Resurface Your Tennis Court?
- Size of 5 a Side Court MUGA
- Size of Netball Court Sports MUGAs
- Spending Your Sport Premium Funding
- Sports Court Anti Slip Painting in Leicester
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Preston
- Sports Court Cleaning and Painting in Sheffield
- Sports court cleaning and painting in Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Sports Court Designs
- Sports Court Maintenance in Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sports Facility Maintenance
- Sports Fencing
- Sports Pitch Specification
- Sports Pitch Surfacing
- Sports Surface Colour Coating in High Peak
- Sports Surface Construction
- Sports Surfacing Clean and Paint in Southport
- Sports Surfacing Rejuvenation Maintenance Golborne
- Sports-Cote Court Binder and Aggregate Rich Acrylic Non Slip Paint
- Synthetic AGP Sports Surfacing Maintenance
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Installation in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Tennis Court Installation in London
- Tennis Court Clean & Paint Maintenance in York
- Tennis Court Cleaning and Repainting in Sheffield
- Tennis Court Construction
- Tennis Court Maintenance – Deep Clean and Recolouring
- Tennis Court Maintenance in Woking, Surrey
- Tennis Court Surfacing Maintenance in Yorkshire
- Tennis Court Surfacing Rejuvenation in Newcastle
- Tennis Court Synthetic Turf Cleaning Maintenance
- Tennis Courts Refurbishment Maintenance Lancashire
- Third Generation 3g Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Unfilled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfacing
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour Sports Court Flooring in Dartmouth, Devon
- Wetpour Swimming Pool Surround Install in London
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?