All weather pitches are a synthetic sports pitch constructed in artificial grass. These sports surfaces can be line marked for multi use sports so one court can be used for a football pitch, rugby pitch, basketball court, netball court, and hockey pitch. All of the old fashioned Astro turf surfaces will eventually be replaced with a new 3G (third generation) MUGA (multi use game area).
Feel free to get in touch with our team if you have any questions about these specifications or the costs for this work. Just complete the contact box on this page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can to talk about prices and designs.
Refurbishing All Weather Pitch
The refurbishment of an all weather surface involves firstly the uplift and removal of the existing Astroturf all weather pitch. This is done using a Turf Muncher removal machine. The Turf muncher is a machine designed for the rip up and replacement of synthetic turf all weather pitch surfaces. Synthetic turf sports pitches and artificial sports surfaces have developed over the years from old astro turf plastic surfacing to innovative 3G sports facilities.
The main issue is the landfill of old astroturf surfacing and this is where the turf muncher separates itself from its competition. The Turf Muncher is able to uplift and remove the synthetic turf, remove the sand and rubber infill from the artificial grass then roll up the surfacing so it can be reused or recycled.
Upgrading Sports Facilities
A sports pitch refurb is an upgrade generally designed and costed because of the ability to create revenue from renting the sports facility out. The refurbishment is upgrading an old astro turf sports surface and refurbishing to a third generation synthetic grass. Upgrading the sports pitch whether it is a football field, rugby field, hockey pitch, netball pitch, basketball pitch or tennis court can be done to fit the customers timescales and can be completed to meet the funding, budget and quote. The refurbishment is needed when the existing all weather pitch has lived its lifespan and the synthetic turf is not meeting the playing characteristics.
Sometimes towards the end of the lifespan of the synthetic astroturf surfacing you can rejuvenate the surface within a sports maintenance package that will get a few extra years out of the playing surface as the infill is cleaned and any contamination is taken out with the full rejuvenation. The removal of sand infill is usually needed because the fibres and yarn of the artificial grass will be wearing away and if the sand infill isn’t removed then it will be like a beach sports surface.
Installing All Weather Surfacing
Once the synthetic turf is ready to be ripped up, uplifted, removed, recycled, refurbished, upgraded and resurfaced then we can help with the design, planning, quote, price, costs, specification, budget, construction, maintenance, dimensions, size of pitch whether it is a 11 a side football pitch, 7-a-side football court, 5-a-side football area or even help and assistance with the funding of the sports pitch renovation.
Take a look at this video to see a full construction of an all weather sport surface using 3G synthetic turf for football and rugby.
Another popular choice by councils, architects and leisure centres is to upgrade, clean, resurface tennis courts into MUGAs and multi use games areas. The reason for this is because an old macadam surface can easily be renovated by cleaning the surface and then overlaying the existing surfacing with a synthetic turf or a polymeric surface. Both are fine for tennis playing characteristics and meet other requirements on sports courts like football, mini tennis, basketball and netball. Multi-use games areas are known as multi educational games areas, sport courts, multi sports arenas, small side footy ball courts and MUGAs.
MUGA Pitch Services
We offer a wide range of services including the construction and maintenance of these outdoor games areas. We have worked with many schools, colleges and local leisure centres to install multipurpose facilities which are perfect for many activities. For more information on the all weather pitch sports surfaces we offer, please fill in our contact form to receive a product sheet and quote today. The costs for this type of project do vary but we would be happy to offer you some helpful advice.
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches