Recently I had a customer on the phone who said, “What generation of sports pitch surfacing is it when it’s got billions of rubber balls in the flooring?” He went on to describe it as the rubber black chippings that get into your trainers and is a nightmare when you get home as it goes all over the house.
Sports Pitch Rubber Infill
The honest answer to that is it is a 3rd generation 3G synthetic turf surface. This type of sports pitch has both sand and rubber infill within the fake grass which is also known to many as a plastic pitch or astro turf rubber crumb sport pitches. These rubber infill particles help to keep the fake grass fibres upright and replicate natural playing characteristics of real grass. The rubber crumb can also help to cushion players’ muscles and joints during training and matches to prevent injury and strain. It’s important to keep a 3G fake grass pitch in top condition by regularly redistributing the rubber infill and topping it up if it becomes low. This will maintain good playing qualities and prevent the turf from becoming slippery.
So where does 4G, 5G or even a 6G pitch come into play? Many people might ask this and it is a very good question. I am sure very soon a fourth generation pitch will be accredited by the governing bodies of the FA, FIFA, FIH, IRB and RFU. However at present there isn’t a set standard for these and many companies, contractors and suppliers are looking to design the latest innovation. The 3G rubber infilled surfacing is typically installed as the latest and best specification of artificial grass sports pitch surfaces.
4G Artificial Pitches
Fourth generation 4G sports surfaces are marketed to be a non infill artificial grass ideal for ATPs, STPs and MUGAs. The fifth generation 5G surfacing is labelled as a full rubber crumb infilled carpet and soccer domes claim to have this latest innovation installed. Some football leagues are now advertising to have a sixth generation 6G ball court. However the truthful answer is that if you had a football club and wanted to advertise the latest design or flooring then you would probably say you have the 7G football or rugby pitch.
We are experts in the installation of these 3G fake grass sports surfaces and we would love to discuss any queries you have. This could be regarding a full construction project or maintenance works for an existing area. Please use our contact form to tell us a bit about your enquiry today. We’ll get back to you with some friendly advice regarding pricing and designs. You can also take a look at our website here https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which includes case studies and product examples for the work we carry out at schools, clubs and residential sports facilities in the UK.
Find Out More
Feel free to contact our team if you are interested in installing one of these facilities. We’d be happy to advise you on the prices and give you some product sheets to look through.
Have you ever played on a 3G rubber infilled sports surface? What did you think of the performance qualities?
Tell us your thoughts and don’t forget to share the post if you thought it was interesting!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches