Artificial sport surfaces are becoming more and more common in the UK as many organisations choose to resurface old muddy grass pitches with synthetic turf material. These astro turf pitches can be used for a range of sports including football and rugby, and it’s important to look after them so repairing synthetic turf is a common process which is carried out.
Repairing Synthetic Turf
Astro turf pitches are often in need of small or large scale repairs, these are determined by the age of the sports surfacing, the amount of use the facility gets and the type or amount of maintenance that the surface receives. The services carried out when repairing synthetic turf pitches can include seam or joint repairs and new game line markings – often with them being cut into the existing grass. Tears and rips can occur if the surfaces has been damaged by use, seams not quite being installed correctly or just plain old bad luck! They can however, be fixed quickly in lots of cases is the problem is dealt with as soon as possible.
We are specialists in the sports sector and we have a number of options to help you with repairing synthetic turf sports pitches. We can supply artificial grass repair kits which are very effective in repairing synthetic turf surfaces, we can also visit site to assess the damage and to give the client an honest opinion. More serious repairs or reactive maintenance may need to be carried out the pitch is in very bad condition, this could include infill rejuvenation or even a total resurfacing project. As the current man made synthetic grass may be constructed, designed and specified over many different areas and are sizes, only a small amount may need to be repaired. These kits include the backing geo textile material, glue cartridge, 4mm tongue spreader, gloves and a mastic gun and this will enable you to remove the existing grass that needs to be repaired (section only) and replace with new, although the new grass will have to be sourced.
In order to prevent any damage to your synthetic turf sport pitch, it is recommended that you carry out regular proactive maintenance to keep the artificial surface in top condition. Maintenance for synthetic turf sport grass could include drag brushing to remove debris, chemical treatments to prevent contamination from moss and algae, as well as redistributing the sand and rubber infill particles.
If you need any advice or help with repairing synthetic turf sport pitches, please fill in the contact form on the right of this page and one of our team members will get back to you with some helpful information regarding maintenance, costs and quotes. To find out more about what we can offer you, please visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can find details of all of our sports and play surfacing products and services.
If you found this post interesting please don’t forget to share it, and leave us a nice comment!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches