The installation of artificial football fields has become very popular in the UK over the past few years as many organisations such as leisure centres, schools and colleges are choosing to replace their old muddy grass surfaces with brand new synthetic turf all weather pitches. These artificial football facilities can be constructed and installed to a range of specifications to meet the requirements of each individual project.
Specifications for Artificial Football Fields
The most popular surfacing choice for a synthetic football pitch facility is 3G artificial grass. This surface is the most technologically advanced artificial turf for sports pitches and can provide excellent playing characteristics. The synthetic grass fibres in a 3G pitch can be made from either polyethylene or polypropylene depending on your requirements, and a rubber infill will be installed within the synthetic grass to give natural playing qualities. This rubber infill is made up of lots of rubber crumb particles which mix into the turf fibres to keep them upright, the rubber particles also provide comfort for players’ joints and muscles while ensuring a positive playing experience. It is important to carry out regular cleaning and maintenance as well as keeping the rubber infill topped up for your artificial sport pitch as it can negatively affect the performance and safety of the surface if it is not looked after or the infill levels become too low. 3G artificial football fields can be installed to FA and FIFA accreditations by expert sport surfacing contractors, as well as IRB and RFU accreditations if you are installing the surface for rugby. This will ensure that you get the best quality end result for your organisation.
Another type of surface which is available for artificial football fields is 2G synthetic grass which can be either sand filled or sand dressed. 2G artificial turf is a hard wearing, all weather facility which is popular in multi use games areas as it provides ideal playing characteristics for a number of sports including football, hockey and tennis. This type of surfacing has a shorter pile height and is filled with sand rather than rubber, meaning it is not suitable for rugby as it doesn’t provide adequate shock absorption, however the 2G surface is more of an all rounder for other sports if you are looking to install a multi sport facility.
Synthetic Football Pitch Contractors
It is important to have your sports facility installed by a sport surfacing specialist, this will give you the confidence that the end result will meet your requirements and be of a high standard. Soft Surfaces Ltd have over 15 years of experience in the sports and play surfacing industry and we would be happy to assist you with your enquiry, whether it is for an artificial football field, a multi use games area or a playground. If you require any further information about our products and services, please visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can find information about everything we have to offer, as well as case study examples of our previous work.
If you would like to see some more pictures of artificial football surfacing, visit the Soft Surfaces Pinterest where you can find examples of some sport surfacing construction projects we’ve carried out.
Let us know your thoughts on this topic! What do you think is the best surface for artificial football fields?
If you found this post helpful please share it and don’t forget to leave us a nice comment, thanks!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches