The synthetic turf football field specification is now widely used for a number of sports facilities across the UK. Artificial pitches are ideal for schools and clubs as they can be used in all weather conditions for a range of different activities. We are able to install these surfaces to suit many specifications, area sizes and performance qualities. Popular designs for synthetic football surfaces include 2G and 3G carpets which each have different playing qualities.
For more information on the artificial pitches we can install, please contact us using the enquiry form on this page. One of our team will get back to you as soon as possible with more details on the prices for this type of project.
2G Synthetic Grass Carpet
A lot of schools and public sports clubs will have 2G synthetic grass surfacing installed for activities like football and hockey. This specification has an infill of silica sand applied within the grass fibres to ensure that it has the right playing qualities and is comfortable for players to use. The carpet is also permeable, meaning it can be used for all weather activities as water can easily drain through the carpet and into the ground below.
3G Grass Sports Pitches
Astro turf 3G synthetic MUGA surfaces are perfect for sports like football and rugby as they contain rubber infill as well as sand. This means they can take the stud from a boot and are designed to look and feel the same as a natural grass pitch. The 3G specification is now being installed for schools as well as training grounds for professional football clubs. Game line markings can be installed as required, along with extras like fencing and floodlighting and these will help to increase revenue from the sports facility as it will allow the area to be open for longer and generate more income.
The astro turf ball court has no set dimensions or size and this means that it can be installed in most defined areas without too many problems. The specification of the 3G football turf can be adapted to suit many different types of designs and uses. A third generation soccer pitch would normally be installed at a pile height of 40mm however if rugby is to be played then it is would require a 50 or 60mm pile height for the purpose of shock absorbency and rugby playing characteristics. The design of 3G football surfacing can also change from monofilament to fibrillated and this will also affect the cost and maintenance once the football pitch is installed.
Installing Artificial Football Fields
Have a look at this video which shows our team installing a synthetic turf football field. This project included full excavation of the area, setting up a drainage system, groundworks and laying the 3G surfacing itself. The completed facility can be used for football as well as rugby due to the natural playing qualities which are provided. We have completed many jobs like this for different clients including leisure centres and schools.
Soft Surfaces Ltd are prime contractors in this sports sector and we can help you with all aspects of the projects. Funding / budgets, specifications, designs, costs and quotations are all services that we can offer, along with the full construction and maintenance of the facility. Please get in touch with our team today to receive a quote for installing an artificial grass sports pitch for your facility. We’d be happy to provide you with a detailed quote for the work you need us to carry out.
If you found this information on synthetic turf football field surfaces helpful please share it and leave a comment below!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Grass with Rubber Shockpad Installation in London
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Black Wetpour and Artificial Turf Installation in Harlow
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Outdoor Artificial Grass Installation in Manchester
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches