SURFACINGS FOR SPORT PITCHES, MUGAS, ROOFTOPS
120 SURFACING FOR MUGA, SPORTS PITCHES, ALL WEATHER FIELDS
- Type: Unfilled Synthetic Turf
- Anticipated usage: to be confirmed
- Priority of activities: 1. 5-a-side football, 2. Hockey, 3. Athletics
- Standard of play: Recreational
220 UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Sub-base: Base Course Macadam
– Thickness: 250mm Type 1 MOT
– Thickness: 50mm Open Textured 20mm aggregate base course macadam
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces, Tel: 01625 445760
- Base: In situ Shockpad : 2-6mm SBR rubber granule material
– Thickness: 15-25mm dependent on tolerances
- Surface Course: Non Filled Synthetic Sports Turf Surfaces
– Manufacturer: Soft Surfaces Ltd, 35 Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AR
– Tel: 01625 445760, Fax: 01625 525619
– Email: email@example.com Website: www.sportsandsafetysurfaces.co.uk
– Colour: Green
– Pile Height: TBC
– Description: Non Infill artificial grass (known as 4G 4th generation sports surface)
– Health and Safety: CHAS accredited, API accredited, CONSTRUCTIONLINE accredited
Substance known to be toxic or carcinogenic on skin or released as vapour or dust during normal use: Not permitted
420 LINE MARKINGS
- Method of Application : Painted white lines
– Setting Out: To accredited standards (FA, FIFA, IRB, FIH)
– Colour: Dependent of primary sports
910 SPORTS SURFACE TESTING
- Testing Body: Sports & Safety Surfaces accredited independent laboratory
- Timing: Within ten days of completing the surface works.
- Test Results: Submit.
- General: For all types of surfacing, provide the following:
– Name and contact details of installer.
– Date of installation.
– Name and contact details of manufacturer.
– Type/ description/ reference of products used.
– Manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance procedures to maintain safety and impact absorbing performance.
– Manufacturer’s recommended cleaning and maintenance methods, where relevant.