Multisport Synthetic Resurfacing in Southwark, London
What was the specification? : Multisport synthetic sports surface
What colours were used? : Green
What was the size of the job? : 3382m²
How long did the job take? 10 day on site
What sub base was used? : Porous macadam
A synthetic resurface can dramatically enhance the look and usability of your old and tired sports area. We work closely with schools, colleges, universities, councils etc to improve their provisions and help keep people active year round.
Synthetic Grass Sports Area in London
The video below highlights the transformation of a sports area in the London area when it is overlaid with a premium synthetic surface suitable for a wide range of games.
Please see video transcript below:
0:07 Hey guys, it’s Dan from Soft Surfaces here. In today’s video, we’re going to be showing you a Multisport synthetic resurfacing in the Southwark, London area. The first process for this is actually examining the existing surface. So, this particular job was obviously a very big job, as you can see, so that means I was measuring up and making that the surface is suitable for what we’re going to be installing onto it.
0:27 Next up, the preform shock pad is actually fitted. So that’s obviously prior to the Multisport synthetic being fitted onto there. A necessary part of the install and you can see us doing that here. After that, the Multisport surface is actually then fitted. So, this is a great product. Obviously with it being Multisport, you can use it for multiple sports, hence the name, such as hockey, tennis, football, all those kind of things. This one being installed at a college is absolutely perfect for, obviously, the college students to be using that for multiple activities really.
0:51 There’s obviously the sand infill and obviously the line marking is fitting in that there. Important there that we have the line marking for various sports. Finally, the sand fill is then actually spread. You can see us installing the sand for there with our big machinery. A very crucial part of the install, again, for the sports we want to play on this actual surface.
Now finally, here’s the completed project. It looks absolutely fantastic, this surface. It really, really does. Great surface to be using for, obviously, multiple sports but great for things like PE time and obviously recreational time as well.
1:21 They were absolutely buzzing with this one when it was installed, so we’re really, really pleased with this job as well.
Thanks a lot for watching, guys. I’ll see you guys later.
London Borough of Southwark Information
The London Borough of Southwark in South London, England forms part of Inner London and is connected by bridges across the River Thames to the City of London. It was created in 1965 when three smaller council areas amalgamated under the London Government Act 1963. All districts of the area are within the London postal district. It is governed by Southwark London Borough Council.
The part of the South Bank within the borough is home to London Bridge terminus station and the attractions of The Shard, Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, and Borough Market that are the largest of the venues in Southwark to draw domestic and international tourism. Dulwich is home to the Dulwich Picture Gallery and the Imperial War Museum is in Elephant and Castle.
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Construction, Design, Costs
- Athletics Landing Sand Pit Covers
- Athletics Surface Cleaning and Maintenance Costs
- Athletics Surfacing Specification Options
- Athletics Track Maintenance
- Athletics Track Surfacing
- Benefits of Athletics for Schools
- Benefits of Trim Trails for Physical Development
- Costs to Build a Compact Athletics Facility
- Costs to Build a Long Jump Runway
- Costs to Construct Triple Jump Athletics Facility
- Fixed Solid Schools Take-off Board
- Javelin Runway Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Javelin Runway Distance, Length, Dimensions
- Javelin Runway Specification, Design, Costs
- Long Jump Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Long Jump Pit Construction in Stockport, Manchester
- Long Jump Pit Installation in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Long Jump Run Up Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Runway
- Long Jump Runway and High Jump Fan Installation in Derby
- Long Jump Runway Construction in Somerset
- Long Jump Runway Free Facility Funding Q&A
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Chorley Lancashire
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Colchester Essex
- Long Jump Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Long Jump Surface Construction Athletics Track Costs
- Long Jump Track Construction Specialists
- Long Jump Track With Sand Pit Construction in Slough, Berkshire
- Long/Triple Jump Runway Design
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans
- Multi Lane Polymeric Long Jump Construction in St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Multi Use Long Jump Facility Installation in Essex
- Multisport Installation in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Buckinghamshire
- Multisport Long Jump Construction in Norwich
- MultiSport Long Jump Installation at a School in Essex
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Coventry
- MultiSport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston
- Multisport Long Jump Pit Installation in Preston, Lancashire
- Multisport Long Jump With Practice Lane in Leicester
- Multisport Long Jump with practice Lane Install in Leicester
- Multisport Runway Installation in Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Multisport Synthetic High Jump Installation in Berkshire
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Multisport Synthetic Long Jump Installation in Oxford
- Multisport Synthetic Resurfacing in Southwark, London
- MultiSport Synthetic Surface Install in Oxford
- Pole Vault Run Up Surfacing
- Pole Vault Runway Construction
- Polymeric Long Jump Essex
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Glasgow
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Construction in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Polymeric Long Jump Pit Installation in Liverpool, Merseyside
- Polymeric Long Jump Runway in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Installation in Cardiff, Wales
- Polymeric Surface Long Jump Runway in Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Rake for Maintaining Long Jump Sandpit
- Rubber Kerbs to Athletic Triple Jump Runways
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track at a School in Manchester
- Rubber Mulch Daily Mile Track Installation in Leeds
- School Athletics Track Designs
- School Budgets Athletics Track Long Jump Runway Specifications
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Synthetic Long Jump Athletics Track Construction in Peterborough
- Throwing Circle Construction Companies, Contractors, Suppliers
- Triple Jump Sand Pit Rubber Edges
- What Are Athletics Tracks?
MUGA Surfacing UK
As a market leader for the supply and fit of artificial sports surfaces in the United Kingdom, we have been involved with countless jobs in the London area and beyond.
For more information on multi use games area surfacing anywhere in the UK, please get in touch today and a member of out team will be in touch to provide any advice you may need.