Synthetic turf football field surfaces and multi use games area pitches can be designed for multiple sports including rugby and hockey as well as football. These artificial grass sports surfaces are now becoming common facilities at schools, colleges and leisure centres in the UK.
Turf Football Field Specification
The synthetic turf football field systems are perfect for schools, local authorities and sports clubs that are looking for a long term, durable safe surface that is an upgrade to their existing old grass surfacing. The most advanced artificial grass specification for football pitches is 3G synthetic turf, this also provides ideal playing characteristics for rugby. The 3G multi purpose sports surface has a layer of rubber crumb installed within the artificial fibres to keep them stable. Turf football field surfacing can be installed for most area sizes as there is no set specification or design in terms of the dimensions.
3G Sports Pitch Installation
The construction for a synthetic turf football field is generally done through a similar process by most sport surfacing installers, starting with the groundworks and foundations. Before anything can be installed, the existing grass or soil area needs to be excavated down to the required depth. Next a layer of porous stones is laid down as a sub base, these stones will all fit together to create a solid foundation for the rest of the surfacing to be installed onto. A macadam layer is then applied onto the stones to give a smooth base so the final sports pitch surface is even and performs well. A shockpad will then be installed before the synthetic grass surface, the shockpad helps to keep players safe by absorbing impact and cushioning muscles and joints. The 3G turf football field surfacing is then applied on top of the shockpad layer, it is rolled out like a carpet and each piece is joined together with glue at the seams. Sand and rubber infill will then be applied within the artificial turf fibres to improve stability and keep the grass upright. Multi purpose line markings can then be applied to the turf football field surface for full sized football, 5 a side football and rugby.
Football Field Equipment
Once the construction of the sports pitch itself is complete, the facility can then have extras installed like sports floodlighting and sports fencing in a range of specifications. These accessories can be used to increase long term revenue into the facility by keeping it secure and allowing it to be rented out to other teams and clubs in the evenings. The astroturf football field surface is designed to take a stud from a boot along with looking and playing like a natural grass pitch as the surfacing is normally a minimum of 40mm thick. Maintenance equipment and services can also be provided to help you look after your synthetic turf football field once the construction project is complete. These maintenance services could include chemical treatments to stop moss contamination, drag brushing, infill top up and rejuvenation and removal of dirt and debris.
We are experienced contractors specialising in the installation of artificial sports pitches, tennis courts, athletics facilities and play areas. If you would like to send us an enquiry for a project, please fill in our contact form with your details and one of our staff members will be able to offer you some helpful advice in regards to quotes and specifications. You can find out more about our products and services by visiting our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ which has details of our previous work and the projects we carry out.
Please don’t forget to leave us a comment below if you have any questions about synthetic turf football fields, and share this post if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like
Here are some artificial grass articles you might like:
- AGP, STP, ATP Long Pile Artificial Grass Pitches
- All Weather Pitch Sports Surfaces
- All weather pitches – Standing Water, Flooding, Poor Draining?
- Artificial Cricket Wicket Surfacing
- Artificial Football Surfaces Set To Return to English Football
- Artificial Grass Enquiry Process
- Artificial Grass Football 3G Pitch Costs
- Artificial Grass Installation in Swarkestone, Derby
- Artificial Grass Nationwide
- Artificial Grass Nursery Play Area Flooring
- Artificial Grass Vs Natural Garden Lawns
- Artificial Pitch Framework Contractors
- Astro Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Billions of Rubber Balls in Fake Grass – 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Pitches?
- Black Rubber Crumb Top Up For Artificial Pitch
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGA Surfacing With Acrylic Coatings
- Coating Of Synthetic MUGAs Surfacing With Water Based Coatings
- Costs constructing All Weather Pitch
- FA Agree to 3G Technology Artificial Surfacing
- Flooding Astro Turf All Weather Pitch Needs Rejuvenation, Restoration Maintenance
- Golf Pathways Options, Products, Construction
- How Do I Apply For Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How is Artificial Grass Installed?
- Innovation of 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation synthetic artificial pitch?
- IRB Type 22 Rugby Union Longer Piled Artificial Turf Pitches
- Lano Sports Drive 23 Sand Filled Synthetic Turf
- Lano Sports Interplay 40mm 3G Synthetic Turf
- Muddy Wet Fitness Trim Trail Surfacing Options?
- Play Area Safety Surfacing De Icer
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Proactive Maintenance To Artificial Sports Courts
- Profoot MXSi Lano Sports Artificial Specification
- Q26 IN SITU SYNTHETIC SURFACING
- Q26 SYNTHETIC GRASS SURFACING
- Reactive Maintenance To Astroturf All Weather Pitches
- Reasons Why All Weather Pitch Surfacing Gets Waterlogged and Flooded
- Repairing Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- RFU, RFL, IRB Sports Artificial Pitch Long Pile Synthetic Grass
- Rhino Turf
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail made from timber
- Sand Filled Synthetic Turf Pitch Costs
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – De Icer Frost Maintenance
- Shock Absorption Vertical Deformation Field Testing
- Specialists in Building Artificial Football Fields
- STP, ATP, MUGA 4G All Weather Pitches
- Synthetic 3G Soccer Sports Surface
- Synthetic Grass Sports Surface Rejuvenation
- Synthetic Grass Surfacing Options
- Synthetic sports pitches corrective maintenance services
- Synthetic Turf Football Field
- Synthetic Turf Football Field Installers
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Football Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic Turf Pitch Ball Roll Tests
- Synthetic Turf Sports Fields
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Construction
- Synthetic Turf Sports Pitch Contractors
- Synthetic turf Sports Surface Suppliers
- Synthetic turf Synthetic Soccer Sports Pitch
- Third Generation 3G Artificial Grass Sports Surfacing
- Touch Rugby Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- UNFILLED SYNTHETIC SPORTS TURF SURFACING
- Vertical Ball Rebound Bounce Sports Surfacing Tests
- Waterlogged Artificial Synthetic Turf Sports Pitches
- Waterlogged Synthetic All Weather Pitch Solutions
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- What is Artificial Grass?
- Why Choose an Artificial Hockey Pitch?
- Why Choose Artificial Grass for Your Garden?
- Why is my synthetic all weather pitch holding water and flooding?
- 3G Sports Pitch Construction
- 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G Artificial Synthetic Grass Pitches Explanation
- 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Generation Sports Pitches – Difference in Specification
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 40mm Depth Longer Piled Synthetic Pitch Surfacing
- 4G Grass Football Pitch Sports Surfacing Synthetic Turf Carpet
- 4th Generation Synthetic Sport Surfacing
- 5 Reasons Why Your Artificial Grass May Have Melted
- 5-a-side Football Pitch 3G Artificial Grass Surfacing in Liverpool
- 5-a-side Football Pitch Construction with 3G Artificial Turf
- 5aside Football Long Pile Synthetic Turf Pitches
- 7 a side Soccer Long Pile Synthetic Grass Pitches