Tennis courts are very popular sports facilities in the UK, especially at schools, colleges and sports clubs. It is great to get kids into participating in sports like tennis and having a top quality sports surface and facility is the best way for them to develop their skills. But how do you know what the best tennis court surface would be for your organisation?
Tennis Court Surface Specifications
Tennis courts can be built to a range of different dimensions, depending on your individual specification and budget. We can tailor your facility to the requirements of your organisation. There are a number of different materials which tennis court construction contractors can install a sports surface in. Here are some of the options:
- Macadam – This is a hard, porous surface which allows good water drainage to prevent flooding and damage, this means tarmacadam courts offer an all-weather sports surface.
- Polymeric Rubber Crumb – This SUDS compliant surface also allows water to drain through it, as well as having good ball bounce and non-slip qualities.
- Synthetic Turf – A professional looking grass tennis surface which meets LTA playing characteristics and accreditations.
- Synthetic Clay – Has the same playing characteristics as natural clay to provide a good quality experience for the player. There are many benefits of synthetic clay for tennis.
Our team can help you decide which one of these would be the best option for your facility. If you just require a recreational court, the macadam could be the right choice. However, more professional clubs may want the artificial clay for competitive matches.
It all depends on how you’ll use the area, but feel free to get in touch for more details.
Tennis Court Applications
Tennis court installers can apply a range of different paint coatings to your tennis court, depending on your specification and what you need. These paint coatings can all be applied in a range of colours (eg blue, red, green). Some of the different types include:
- Acrylic non-slip coating – This ensures the safety characteristics of the court are maintained to reduce the risk of injury. This is especially important if the facility is being used by kids at a school or sports club.
- Polyurethane spray coat – Enhances the surface with bright colours and increases the durability and longevity. It also adds an anti-slip quality for safety.
- Line marking – It is important to make sure that your tennis court has good quality, skid-resistant line markings. This will ensure the best performance characteristics and most accurate game playing decisions.
Here you can see a video showing one of our full construction projects. The existing surface was a grass area which we fully excavated and installed tarmac onto:
The final facility is a multi-use space with line markings in different colours for tennis and other sports. We painted the whole area in green anti slip paint, and the line markings are in white and yellow.
Maintenance For Tennis Facilities
It is important to carry out regular cleaning and maintenance on your artificial tennis court surface, this will ensure that your facility is kept in the best possible conditions to improve its durability and longevity and reduce future resurfacing costs. Cleaning and maintenance for tennis surfaces could include pressure washing to remove dirt and debris, along with moss and algae treatments.
We could also apply new spray coatings and immediate repairs to minor damage to prevent it getting worse. Sports facility contractors can carry out sports surface testing to help determine the most appropriate type of maintenance for your tennis court.
Here at Soft Surfaces Ltd, we can assist you with every aspect of your tennis court surfacing project, including help with funding grants and spreading the costs. We can offer you professional advice about construction and maintenance of your sports facility. We aim to give the best service for our clients at all times. Our tennis court contractors are experienced and have worked at various locations in the UK including schools, clubs and residential gardens.
Find Out More
If you would like more information about tennis court construction or any other sports or play surfacing installation, please visit our website at https://www.softsurfaces.co.uk/ where you can find examples of our previous projects. To discuss an enquiry, please fill in our contact form to let us know all the details. We will get back to you with quotes and prices for your sport or play surfacing project.
If you found this information helpful, please leave us a nice comment and share the post with your friends!