You may have seen children’s outdoor play facilities which have bouncy flooring to protect against injuries. Usually this will be underneath equipment like swings or climbing frames. Many people refer to this as rubber tarmac flooring as it has a similar appearance to hard macadam. Some people may call it rubber macadam safety surface, rubber bitmac surface or rubber asphalt safety surface.
However, the rubber safety surface is actually made from recycled EPDM. This is a rubber crumb material which is bound together and trowelled onto the required area. The system is actually called wetpour surfacing and we can install it in a variety of colours and designs.
How to Lay Rubber Tarmac
The process for installing this type of playground flooring will usually be similar for each project. It can however vary depending on design, colour and depth.
- First we will need a suitable sub base to lay onto. If the existing area is already tarmac this will be perfect, if not, a layer of tarmac should be installed.
- The surfacing needs to go up to an edge, so we can fit edgings around the perimeter. Alternatively we could chase cut the tarmac and grade the surface down at the edges.
- Next we’ll apply the base layer of the wetpour system. This comprises of SBR rubber crumb and binder which we pour onto the base.
- If you have chosen wet pour graphic shapes, we will place these onto the base after it cures.
- Then we’ll lay the EPDM wearing course in your chosen colour.
Wet Pour rubber or poured in place, is the perfect product around children’s play areas with play equipment due to its impact absorbing qualities. Applied to different depths depending on the critical fall height of the play equipment, rubber tarmac surfacing can protect up to a 3.00m+ fall height. We can install the surfacing on top of Tarmac, Concrete or MOT Type 1 stone.
Wet Pour comes in Black as a standard colour and also 12 different colours, along with 50 – 50% mixes of these colours. Our core business is Wet pour safety surfacing, and we can help you with the design, specification, costings and quotations for these areas.
Rubber Tarmac Cost
Depending on the design you choose, the rubber tarmac cost can vary. A number of factors affect the overall price, but our team will try to stick within your budget. A few things which determine the costs of installation would be:
- Area Size
- Site Location
- Access to Site
- Colour Choice
- Additional Graphics
We complete many projects each year and often work on nursery playground installation along with public spaces too. Our team offer a high standard of work and top quality products. We’d be happy to provide details of our previous work and all the products we offer.
If you’d like to enquire about installing rubber tarmac flooring, please try to include as much detail as possible. It’s helpful if we know the area size and have a few photos of the existing surface before pricing. This will help us give the most accurate and affordable quote. Just get in touch with us through our enquiry form to find out more about what’s available.
You Might Also Like
Here are some wetpour articles you might like:
- Benefits of Wetpour
- Bespoke Playground Surfacing with Graphics in Northampton
- Blue EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring Installation in Wakefield
- De Icer Liquid Applied Deicer Product to Wetpour Safety Flooring Pathways
- EPDM / SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM wet pour rubber surfacing colour options
- Existing Safer Pour Rubber Surface Renovation With Recap Overlay
- Grass Blend Wetpour Rubber EPDM Flooring
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- How to Repair Rubber Playground Flooring
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston Lancashire
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Flooring Repair in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Playground Safety Surface Construction in Reading, Berkshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring In Somerset
- Poured In Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Pre School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Red EPDM Rubber Crumb Surfacing Suppliers
- Removal of Rubber Play Tiles & Wet Pour Upgrade
- Renovating Existing Rubber Flooring with Recap Wetpour Overlay
- Resin Bound Gravel Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Safety Surface Overlay
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Safer Pour Shock Attenuation Surface For Children’s Parks Flooring
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- Seamless Liquid Wet Pour Rubber EPDM Safer Surfacing
- Shock Attenuation Safer Pour Surfacing For Kids Play Area
- Soft Services Safety Flooring In EPDM Rubber Crumb Materials
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Upgrade, Refurbishment, Replacement of Wetpour Flooring
- UV Degradation and Discolouration of EPDM Wetpour
- Water Blend Wetpour Colour Safety Surfacing
- Wet Pour Design Options
- Wet Pour Installation
- Wet Pour Installation in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Wet Pour Installation In Warrington, Cheshire
- Wet Pour Resin UV Colour Change
- Wet Pour Safety Flooring Concrete Sub Base
- Wet Pour Surfacing in Harrow, London
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass in Fulbourn, Cambridge
- Wetpour and Artificial Grass Installation in Coventry, West Midlands
- Wetpour Band Perimeter Shrinkage Repairs
- Wetpour Colours
- Wetpour Graphic Designs for Nurseries
- Wetpour Graphics Installation in Wrexham, Wales
- Wetpour Graphics Rubber Inserts
- Wetpour Installation in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Installation in Caerhun, Conwy
- Wetpour Installation in Chelmsford, Essex
- Wetpour Installation in Glasgow, Scotland
- Wetpour Installation in Helensburgh, Argyll and Bute
- Wetpour Installation in Kendray, Barnsley
- Wetpour Installation in Llanelli, Wales
- Wetpour Installation in London
- Wetpour Installation in Prestwich, Bury
- Wetpour Installation in Rothwell, Leeds
- Wetpour Installation in Tenterden, Kent
- Wetpour Installation in Uxbridge, London
- Wetpour Installation in Watford, London
- Wetpour Installation in Westlands, Newcastle-under-Lyme
- Wetpour Nationwide
- Wetpour Playground Design Installation in Glasgow
- Wetpour Playground Surfacing Installation in Derby
- Wetpour Repair in Crawley, West Sussex
- Wetpour Repair in Liverpool Merseyside
- Wetpour Rubber Surfacing MOT Type 1 Sub Base
- Wetpour Sub Base Specifications
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Wetpour Surface Installation in Woking, Surrey
- Wetpour Surface Overlay in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Wetpour Surface Roadway Design in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Lytham St Annes
- Wetpour Surfacing Installation in Wembley, London
- What is a Wetpour Repair Kit?
- What is Wet Pour?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing is ideal for Playgrounds?
- Yellowing, Discolouring of Rubber Crumb Wet Pour Surfacing
- 40mm Thick Wetpour Insitu Synthetic Surfacing