Children’s Play Area Flooring
There are a range of great design options available for children’s play areas across the UK.
Children’s play area flooring can vary for indoor surfaces and outdoor playground facilities. Lots of places such as schools and nurseries can have these different surfaces installed.
They help to create a safe and fun environment for kids to play and learn. It’s important for children to increase their activity by playing outside and taking part in different games.
Outdoor playground surfacing is usually installed in wetpour rubber crumb material. This is a safety surface which comes in a selection of colours and is installed on site to any shape or size. It’s completely flexible, and we can create a bespoke design to suit what you want.
Kids’ Playground Designs
Many people choose themes with the colours of the surfacing and have equipment that matches the design as well. For example, you could have a blue ‘under the sea’ theme and have a timber boat added to the surface. This is just one of many creative specifications you could have; the possibilities are endless really.
Rubber flooring for play area surfaces can come in a range of different designs. We have plenty of colour options and specifications, so feel free to ask for more details.
We also offer colourful shapes and patterns which can be installed within the playground surfacing. These help to make the facility educational as it creates lots of games and activities. You could choose to have the letters of the alphabet, maths grids, cartoon animals, compasses and loads more options.
Rubber Flooring for Garden Play Area
We have many clients looking to install safe play surfacing in their garden or a more natural-looking area. It could be at a domestic home or even a nursery garden play area surface, we have plenty of options for playground outdoor flooring that keeps kids safe and looks great.
Rubber mulch and wetpour are two of the most common surface types chosen for these areas, but we can also offer artificial grass with a rubber shock pad to absorb impact from trips and falls on outdoor play area flooring.
Alternative Play Surfaces
There are several other types of children’s play area flooring like honeycomb grass mats. These are installed directly onto the grass and meet CFH for playground equipment which is tested to a HIC test. These grass mats are great when the area might be muddy and not an all-weather surface. They allow the natural appearance to remain but with added safety qualities.
Rubber mulch and ecoscape are other play area surfaces available but are all inferior to the EPDM rubber crumb wetpour surface. Wetpour rubber crumb is a Children’s Safety Surfacing material that is usually installed under children’s play equipment.
This can include climbing frames, trim trails, swings and slides. However many new parks are asking for Artificial Grass areas which come in a selection of pile heights from outdoor leisure turf to sports grass.
Please take a look at this video below which shows a kids’ play area flooring project we recently completed in Exeter. The client just wanted a simple green surface installed to make the outdoor space safer.
We complete work like this in many locations across the UK with small and large areas. This installation was done for a primary school, but we also work with nurseries, local parks and other outdoor areas. The designs can be made bespoke to suit different budgets and requirements for each client.
Outdoor Play Flooring
There are plenty of design options available for outdoor play flooring including different colours and shapes. We specialise in child-friendly surfacing which is safe and fun for kids to play on. Whether it’s play areas at school, nursery, a local park or even a domestic garden, a variety of top products are on offer.
These surfaces are impact absorbing and offer anti-slip qualities to help keep children safe when playing outdoors.
What is the Cost of Children’s Play Flooring?
Due to the variety of products we offer, the costs of installing surfacing for children’s play areas will vary from one job to the next. Other things that affect the prices include area size, location, design, access and more.
Feel free to speak to our team for more information on costs and to get a quote for this type of work.
Find Out More
For further details on any children’s playground flooring area, please contact us. You can fill in the enquiry form on this page and speak to our team about prices and designs.
- 4 Ideas for Teaching Organisation on the Playground
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- Activities to Teach Kindness on the Playground
- All Weather Surface Children’s Playground Safety Flooring
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Benefits of a Mud Kitchen for a School Playground
- Benefits of Climbing in Primary School
- Benefits of Sensory Activities for Individuals With Autism
- Bespoke Playground Surfacing With Graphics in Northampton
- Best Playground Equipment for Primary Schools
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Ceased Trading – Easifall International LTD
- Children’s Play Area Flooring
- Children’s Sensory Playground Designs
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring Installation in Wakefield
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Cooperative Play Ideas for Kids
- Costs of Schools Playground Safety Surfaces
- Creating a Storytelling Area in Your Playground
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Den Building Ideas for Schools
- Designing a Playground for Non-Verbal Children
- Early Years Outdoor Play
- Educational Play Designs
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- Encouraging Risk Taking in Outdoor Play
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM Wet Pour Rubber Surfacing Colour Options
- EPDM/SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- Expressive Arts Playground Ideas
- How Do I Apply for Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- How Playing Outside Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- How to Encourage Phonics Learning on the Playground
- How to Prepare Your Playground for Winter
- How to Refresh Your School Playground
- How to Repair Rubber Playground Flooring
- Imaginative Play Ideas for Kids
- Impact Attenuating Playground Surfacing
- Improving Children’s Exercise Levels in School
- Improving Children’s Mental Health With Play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Schools
- Independent Learning Activities for Kids
- Lap, Leap, Neap Play Area
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface in Stockport
- LEAP Local Equipped Area for Play
- Learning Through Play – Psychology and Theories
- Managing Behaviour Through Active Outdoor Play
- NEAP Neighbourhood Equipped Area for Play
- Needlepunch Playground Construction in Kilmarnock
- Nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Nursery Play Area Maintenance
- Nursery Play Area Surfacing
- Nursery Playground Installation
- Nursery School Green Wetpour Overlay in Gloucester
- Ofsted Requirements for Outdoor Play
- Outdoor Maths Games for Children
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston Lancashire
- Outdoor Play Area Ideas for Kids
- Outdoor Play Ideas for Children With Dyscalculia
- Outdoor Play Surfaces Suppliers
- Outdoor Playground Roadway Design
- Outdoor Safety Flooring Designs
- Outdoor Wetpour Surfacing Install in Leicester
- Play Area Line Marking Specification
- Play Area Maintenance
- Play Area Safer Surfacing
- Play Area Safety Surfacing de Icer
- Play Area Surfaces
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Activities for the National Curriculum
- Playground Designs for Sensory Processing Disorder
- Playground Equipment for Schools
- Playground Fencing
- Playground Flooring Repair in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Playground Games for Children With Dyspraxia
- Playground Games to Encourage Speech Development
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Playground Marking Graphics
- Playground Markings
- Playground Safety Surface Construction in Reading, Berkshire
- Playground Safety Surfacing with Graphics in Shropshire
- Playground Surface HIC Safety Flooring
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Somerset
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Poured in Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Pre School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Pre-School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan
- Primary School Outdoor Classroom Funding Grants
- Protective Playground Flooring
- PS4 Activity Games Space Area in Penrith
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Rubber EPDM Spheres to Playground Surfaces
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Tarmac School Outdoor Playground Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Safety Surfaces For Playgrounds
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail Made From Timber
- Sand and Water Play Activities for Kids
- School Adventure Trail Designs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- School Athletics Track Designs
- School Budgets Athletics Track Long Jump Runway Specifications
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- School Playground Graphics
- School Playground Groundworks
- School Playground Ideas
- School Playground Maintenance
- School Playground Marking Designs
- School Playground Surfacing
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – de Icer Frost Maintenance
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Schools Timber Gazebo Wooden Shelters
- Seamless Liquid Wet Pour Rubber EPDM Safer Surfacing
- SEN Playground Equipment for Schools
- Small nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Soft Fall Impact Absorbing Playground Surface
- Spongy Nursery School Surfacing in Carlisle
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy playground flooring construction that we carried out in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Tests for Playground Safety Flooring
- Top 3 Safety Surfaces for Playgrounds
- Top 5 School Playground Trends
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- Wetpour Flooring & Graphics Installation in Bristol
- Wetpour Playground with Graphics in Salford, Greater Manchester
- Wetpour Safety Flooring with Graphics at a Nursery in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- What Are Playground Markings?
- What Is Critical Fall Height?
Our quotes will vary depending on many things, including your location, the size of the chosen area, and the particular design you want to have. One of our experts will be able to give you more details on this when you enquire.