School Adventure Trail Designs
Bring out the child in your planning, as you get imaginative with the playground space. It’s amazing how easy it is to turn land into an exciting obstacle course. There’s an assortment of advantages to utilising the playground area- adventure trails and other obstacle courses can make the most of little room- this in-turn enables more kids to play, all at once.
School adventure trail designs can be exhilarating school inclusions and as the years go on, we are seeing more and more introduced to school premises. A trail design can consist of various kinds of play area equipment including ‘monkey bars’, balance beams, traversing and climbing apparatuses.
Each of the previously discussed all come with their own advantages too, not only do they enable a school to make more of the space, but also give kids the opportunity to develop their coordination, physical and cognitive skills.
Learning may seem as though it is all classroom-based, but you’d be wrong to assume that is where lessons finish. The playground provides many a lesson, not only for motor skills but for social and problem-solving too.
Read on to find out what types of trails, equipment and playgrounds are available, as well as the potential benefits they can have for little ones.
Activity Trail Surfaces for Schools
Activity trail surfaces for schools can be designed in a number of ways and there are also factors that should be taken into account, this extends further than the aesthetics and design- it should also include safety.
What do we mean by safety? Playgrounds often spring to mind when we talk about accidents at school, and they can’t be completely avoided. Nonetheless, precautions are imperative. As well as rules, regulations and play area monitors, it also comes down to the surroundings.
That is why we recommend wetpour and rubber mulch solutions for the ground, especially surrounding playground equipment. Both have been carefully cultivated to offer extra protection in case of a fall. Don’t worry the base shock pad, isn’t obvious and actually appears as normal concrete or flooring that we’re used to, only it does provide our children with a safer area.
Two of the safety-orientated, robust and sleek types of surfacing that we are referring to, are discussed in more detail below:
- Wet Pour Surfacing– Wet Pour is also a rubber surfacing that you often see in schools and nurseries. Most of the time you will hear it called ‘soft tarmac’ or even rubber, it is made of two layers including a shock pad and helps prevent injuries.
- Rubber Mulch– Ideal for muddy playgrounds, with a lot of grip, a soft surface and a natural look. The rubber mulch flooring is another great way to implement safety precautions for children’s school play.
Equipment for Adventure Trails
Soft surfaces are important, but you’ll also want to know more about the equipment for adventure trails. There’s no end to equipment, there are many different choices and just browsing them will have you feeling young again.
It’s all about ensuring that the kids get to enjoy their surroundings whilst simultaneously developing their physical attributes.
Some of the equipment for school trails includes:
- EY Adventure Trail
- Fitness Equipment
- Lumber Stacks
- Jungle Gyms
- Traditional Play
There’s no reason to stick to just one of the above, all of them are exhilarating for children and by incorporating them, you can accommodate more pupils at once.
There are endless options for them, and the above categories allow for swings, balance logs, bridges and obstacles. Combined with a safe surface, they can be great for all students. The general age range is from five years old to twelve, ensuring that the entire primary school can embrace all that an adventure trail has to offer.
School Playground Obstacle Course
A boring outdoor space can be transformed into an exciting domain for children to progress, socialise and channel their energy. Obstacle courses can be made up of various apparatus, whether they are made to climb, duck-under, balance or simply sit on.
Use fitness-related play or assault-style courses that require a great setup for playground activities. You’ll be able to add the likes of duck and dive posts, chin-up bars, log pass, stairs, slides, traverse, netting and more.
As you delve into the possibilities, you become astonished with how many diverse obstacles and fun equipment are available at our fingertips. Schools don’t need to be dull or limited by space, instead they can be made enjoyable with good value courses sure to keep children fit and healthy.
Benefits of Adventure Playgrounds
It may seem as though these playgrounds are there to incite children into a frenzy before they begin their next class. There’s more to it than simply allowing pupils to have their one-hour to blow off steam. Instead, it has great value for each and every child.
Each individual will have their own preference, to what course or type of equipment they prefer. Regardless, there’s a long list of advantages. This includes physical health as well as much more.
- 4 Ideas for Teaching Organisation on the Playground
- 4 Reasons Why Schools Have Artificial Grass
- 6 Benefits of Sensory Play for Kids
- Activities to Teach Kindness on the Playground
- All Weather Surface Children’s Playground Safety Flooring
- Artificial Grass and Rubber Mulch Surfacing in Derby, Derbyshire
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Pathway Installation at a School in Birmingham
- Artificial Grass and Wetpour Roadway Construction in Liverpool
- Benefits of a Mud Kitchen for a School Playground
- Benefits of Climbing in Primary School
- Benefits of Outdoor Play for Children
- Benefits of Sensory Activities for Individuals With Autism
- Bespoke Playground Surfacing With Graphics in Northampton
- Best Playground Equipment for Primary Schools
- Black Wetpour & Artificial Turf Construction at a Nursery in Harlow, Essex
- Black Wetpour Flooring Construction in Canterbury
- Ceased Trading – Easifall International LTD
- Children’s Play Area Flooring
- Children’s Sensory Playground Designs
- Coloured Play Safety Surfacing
- Colourful Play Area Surfacing in Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Colourful Playground Flooring Design in Cardiff, Wales
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Colourful Rubber Playground Flooring Installation in Wakefield
- Colourful UK Playground Surfacing in Bedfordshire
- Cooperative Play Ideas for Kids
- Costs of Schools Playground Safety Surfaces
- Creating a Storytelling Area in Your Playground
- Creative Play Ideas for Kids
- Day Care Playground Safety Flooring in Stoke, Staffordshire
- Den Building Ideas for Schools
- Designing a Playground for Non-Verbal Children
- Developing Multi Ability Play Areas
- Early Years Outdoor Play
- Easi Fall Specification Design Alternatives
- Easifall UK Materials Bought by Soft Surfaces Ltd
- Educational Play Designs
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton
- Educational Playground Surface Installation in Brighton, East Sussex
- Encouraging a Positive Outdoor Play Environment
- Encouraging Risk Taking in Outdoor Play
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Flooring in Luton, Bedfordshire
- EPDM Rubber Play Area Surfacing in Leeds, West Yorkshire
- EPDM Rubber Wetpour Flooring in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- EPDM Wet Pour Rubber Surfacing Colour Options
- EPDM/SBR Rubber Surfacing Playground Flooring
- Expressive Arts Playground Ideas
- Funding Grants and Finance for UK Play Areas
- Health and Activity Levels in Children
- How Do I Apply for Grant Funds for a Play Area in the UK?
- How Do Wet Pour Repair Kits Work
- How Playing Outside Can Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- How to Design a Outdoor School Playground Surfaces Area
- How to Encourage Phonics Learning on the Playground
- How to Prepare Your Playground for Winter
- How to Refresh Your School Playground
- How to Repair Rubber Playground Flooring
- Imaginative Play Ideas for Kids
- Impact Attenuating Play Area Surface Under Playground Equipment
- Impact Attenuating Playground Surfacing
- Improving Children’s Exercise Levels in School
- Improving Children’s Mental Health With Play
- Improving Playground Behaviour in Schools
- Improving School Readiness With Outdoor Play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Schools
- Independent Learning Activities for Kids
- Lap, Leap, Neap Play Area
- Large Wetpour Play Area Surface in Stockport
- LEAP Local Equipped Area for Play
- Learning Through Play – Psychology and Theories
- Liquid Deicer for Sports and Play Surfacing
- Managing Behaviour Through Active Outdoor Play
- Multicoloured Wetpour Surfacing Design in York
- NEAP Neighbourhood Equipped Area for Play
- Needlepunch Playground Construction in Kilmarnock
- Nursery EPDM Rubber Surfacing in Wolverhampton
- Nursery Play Activities for Children
- Nursery Play Area Maintenance
- Nursery Play Area Surfacing
- Nursery Playground Installation
- Nursery Playground Works
- Nursery School Green Wetpour Overlay in Gloucester
- Nursery School Wetpour Surfacing Repair in Portsmouth
- Ofsted Requirements for Outdoor Play
- Outdoor Learning Activities for Children
- Outdoor Maths Games for Children
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston
- Outdoor Nursery School Surfacing in Preston Lancashire
- Outdoor Play Area Ideas for Kids
- Outdoor Play Ideas for Children With Dyscalculia
- Outdoor Play Surfaces Suppliers
- Outdoor Playground Roadway Design
- Outdoor Safety Flooring Designs
- Outdoor Wetpour Surfacing Install in Leicester
- Play Area Line Marking Specification
- Play Area Maintenance
- Play Area Safer Surfacing
- Play Area Safety Surfacing de Icer
- Play Area Surface Graphic Markings
- Play Area Surfaces
- Play Area Wet Pour Safety Surfaces Finish
- Playground Activities for the National Curriculum
- Playground Designs for Sensory Processing Disorder
- Playground Equipment for Schools
- Playground Fencing
- Playground Flooring Repair in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Playground Furniture for Schools
- Playground Games for Children With Dyspraxia
- Playground Games to Encourage Speech Development
- Playground Grass Mats Safer Flooring
- Playground Ideas for Invisible Disabilities
- Playground Installation Options
- Playground Marking Graphics
- Playground Markings
- Playground Safety Surface Construction in Reading, Berkshire
- Playground Safety Surfacing with Graphics in Shropshire
- Playground Surface HIC Safety Flooring
- Playground Surfaces Letter
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northamptonshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Northumberland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Nottinghamshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Oxfordshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Rutland
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Shropshire
- Playground Wet Pour Flooring in Somerset
- Porous Polymeric Surfaced MUGA
- Poured in Place Rubber Bouncy Playground Surfaces
- Pre School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Pre-School Play Area Surfacing in Wigan
- Primary School Outdoor Classroom Funding Grants
- Primary School Playground Equipment
- Primary School Sport England Funding
- Protective Playground Flooring
- PS15 Activity Surfacing and Floor Markings
- PS4 Activity Games Space Area in Penrith
- Q26 – Wetpour Playground Safety Surfacing
- Rubber EPDM Spheres to Playground Surfaces
- Rubber Outdoor External Playground Flooring
- Rubber Playground and Artificial Grass Surfacing in Middlesbrough
- Rubber Playground Surface Construction
- Rubber Spheres Play Equipment
- Rubber Tarmac Flooring
- Rubber Tarmac School Outdoor Playground Flooring
- Rubber Wetpour Sphere 3D Globe
- Safety Surfaces For Playgrounds
- Safety Surfacing for Fitness Trim Trail Made From Timber
- Sand and Water Play Activities for Kids
- School Adventure Trail Designs
- School All Weather MUGA Pitches
- School Athletics Track Designs
- School Budgets Athletics Track Long Jump Runway Specifications
- School Playground Design and Install in Manchester
- School Playground Graphics
- School Playground Groundworks
- School Playground Ideas
- School Playground Maintenance
- School Playground Marking Designs
- School Playground Surfacing
- Schools Deicer Surfacing Products – de Icer Frost Maintenance
- Schools Get Active With Outdoor Learning
- Schools Recreational Long Jump Runway Length
- Schools Timber Gazebo Wooden Shelters
- Seamless Liquid Wet Pour Rubber EPDM Safer Surfacing
- Seamless Rubber Play Area Surfaces
- SEN Playground Equipment for Schools
- Shock Attenuation Safer Pour Surfacing for Kids Play Area
- Soft Fall Impact Absorbing Playground Surface
- Soft Services Play Area Floor Products
- Soft Services Playground Flooring Materials
- Soft Services Safety Flooring in EPDM Rubber Crumb Materials
- Soft Spheres Adding Third Dimension 3d to Play Area
- Spongy Playground Flooring Construction in Woking, Surrey
- Spongy Safer Pour Surfacing for Playgrounds
- Tests for Playground Safety Flooring
- Top 3 Safety Surfaces for Playgrounds
- Top 5 School Playground Trends
- Wet Pour Surfacing and Synthetic Turf Construction in Worthing, Sussex
- What Are Play Area Funding Grants in the United Kingdom?
- What Are Playground Markings?
- What Is Critical Fall Height?
- Why Wetpour Safety Surfacing Is Ideal for Playgrounds?
Some of the benefits to adventure playgrounds include:
- Motor Skills- All obstacles and playgrounds entail problem-solving, this creates skills in solving problems as well simultaneously improving motor skills. This could be holding and gripping small bars, as well as gross motor skills such as jumping and playing. Check out this post to learn more on the benefits of sensory activities.
- Coordination- Similar to the above, different types of courses and playground games allow children to progress their skills. Different bars to hang from or beams to balance on, enable them to aid their eye-to-hand coordination.
- Physical & Fitness Health- One of the more obvious benefits, has to be fitness. By introducing a playground with obstacles and equipment, it offers more reasons to run around and stay active.
- Social Skills- Enjoyable physical tasks will encourage children to play together. They will soon get involved with helping each other finish the course, as well as giving each other tips. It’s a great way for them to come together and socialise.